Welcome to AIM Center High School
VISD AIM Center High School offers academic programs aimed at helping students to succeed in completing high school.
Students accepted into ACHS work with the campus staff to design an individualized course schedule and graduation plan that fits their academic and career goals, as well as their individual circumstances.
We offer the best education for students seeking a non-traditional school experience.
- Computer based courses for initial credit and credit recovery
- Flexible scheduling
- A culture of personal responsibility
- Staff providing a nurturing environment
- Students are allowed to have more control over their educational plan
Achieving Individual Mastery
At AIM Center High School, we believe all students are capable of learning and able to excel when their environment is safe, welcoming and conducive to acquiring knowledge. Creating this positive environment requires our faculty to utilize effective communication, appropriate classroom management, high academic expectations for all, collaboration and acceptance of change.
Our expectation for every student attending ACHS is that they learn to succeed academically and are able to transfer those academic successes into productive behaviors that leave them more prepared to face the rigors of life after high school.
|Important Summer School Information|
|ACHS will host two sessions of summer school this summer which will include both afternoon and morning classes. Click here for more information and to print a registration form.|
The application process:
How do I apply?
- Meet with your counselor to determine whether you are eligible for the program.
- Obtain and complete an application for admission.
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial high school transcript, attendance records, and discipline records.
- Submit your completed application to your counselor.
- Conduct an initial interview with ACHS staff.
- Attend a scheduled interview with your parent/guardian.
- Sign a student/parent letter of commitment.
Want to know more? Read our FAQ.